Responsible for Fusion’s data warehouse and its associated BI Solutions applications(s). Responsibilities include data architecture, ETL architecture, database architecture [in collaboration with other Fusion groups], and physical infrastructure [in collaboration with other Fusion groups]. Work with internal stakeholders and external clients to ensure data warehouse and BI solution strategy aligns with business strategy. Work with other team members to define, design, and deliver data warehouse and BI solutions applications. This role will need a good balance between strategic direction and day-to-day operational management.
- Ability to offer strategic guidance on data warehouse architecture, solutions, integration strategies, governance, quality assurance, and business support practices
- Formulate and recommend standards in ETL architecture
- Work closely with management to prioritize work
- Continuously improve existing data warehouse architecture and applications while maintaining service levels and high code quality
- Responsible for a forward-looking BI solutions roadmap that improves access to information, both internally and externally
- Provide assistance and mentorship to data warehouse team members
- Provide technical training as needed to external team members to foster cross-training and collaboration
- Present technology recommendations that highlight business value to various audiences
- Champion data quality, integrity, and reliability throughout the organization
- Perform additional duties/roles as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years delivering data warehouse and/or BI solutions
- 10+ years of experience with OLTP and OLAP database models
- Must possess excellent skills in problem-solving, time management, organization, and communication
- Knowledgeable in software development methodologies
- Preferred technology skills
- SQL Server
- SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI
- Data warehouse concepts: including, but not limited to, dimensional data modeling, star and snowflake schemas, fact tables and fact table types, slowly changing dimensions.
- Ability to work on multiple complex tasks while meeting deadlines and shifting priorities. Comfort with dealing with uncertainty, ambiguity, and change.