Responsible for designing and creating the data warehouse and all related extraction, transformation and load of data functions in the company. After the groundwork has been laid, the Developer also must test their designs to ensure the system runs smoothly. Furthermore, the Developer must be experts at taking a big-picture view of a company’s data situation.
- Data modeling – this means developer must be able to read, analyze and digest what the business wants to accomplish with its data, and design the best possible ETL process around those goals.
- Design and develop data warehousing solutions utilizing Microsoft technologies
Document, maintain and support data warehousing jobs
- Serve as technical consultant to application support staff and project teams.
Coordinate development tasks on a daily
- Update, develop and maintain operational support procedures for infrastructure components.
- Stay up-to-date on technical support tools for databases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of Microsoft SQL Database Development / Business Intelligence experience in ETL, DATA ENGINEERING
- Expert level SQL Server experience including heavy background with the Microsoft BI tools SSIS and SSAS is a plus.
- Strong experience in designing and implementing ETL processes
- Strong dimensional modeling experience
- Expert T-SQL skills, SQL Server 2012 or higher preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills
- Strong multi-tasking capability and the ability to work and learn in a fast-paced environment
- A ‘roll-up-your-sleeves’ passionate team-player
- E-commerce or retail experience is a plus
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree is a plus
- Five years of data warehousing design and development experience
- Advanced computer literacy.
- PC Skills: Microsoft Windows, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel. Database Tools: SSH Client Tools (Putty, Xwin, SSH Secure), ERWIN, TOAD
- Excellent Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2012, 2014, SSIS, SSAS
- Microsoft Certification is a plus