Responsible for IT Service Management (ITSM), including the roles of Release Management (RM), Change Management (CM), and Incident Management (IM), and Production Support (PS) within the organization. Responsible for defining the Change Management (CM) and Release Management (RM) processes, procedures, and best practices; recommending improvements in the use of CM & RM tools; and overseeing IT builds, releases, and changes in all controlled environments. Responsible for Incident Management (IM) as well as Production Support (PS) with respect to monitoring performance and identifying issues and impacted services, overseeing the restoration of disrupted services and resolution of issues, documenting incidents, and tracking and reporting monthly service performance and SLAs.
- Drive the development of key UI/UX experiences which will incorporate high-level interaction, navigation, and organization design.
- Establishes release strategies (development releases, fix releases, etc.
- Oversees content of builds and releases as appropriate.
- Directs the build and deployment resources for specific build and release activities.
- Implements code control mechanisms.
- Ensures smooth daily operations of business applications and contributes to meeting or exceeding our Service Level Agreements
- Creates work plans and reports to Management to assist in prioritizing and monitoring activities and quality of work
- Leads incident and problem determination, response, and resolution efforts of complex production support issues: ensures proper response and escalation procedures are executed in all controlled environments.
- Works with vendor to solve problems and implement changes
- Creates reports on Departmental KPI’s and ensures their delivery to Company management by the middle of each month
- Works with infrastructure team for deployment needs.
- Leads the Change Management and Release effort by working with development and other technical teams to put standards and documentation in place for each application.
- Leads the Change Management meetings and reviews requested changes to ensure that all changes are properly planned to mitigate risks and impact to controlled environments and have clear implementation and roll back plans.
- Identifies process issues and recommends corrective action.
- Contributes to or prepares management and/or metrics reporting and audits findings.
- Establishes, maintains and enhances the configuration management environment to enable parallel software development for multiple teams.
- Lead the organization with the use of efficient and repeatable processes through the lifecycle of ideas-to-design-to-reality/production implementation.
- Provide clear instructions and direction to team members given expertise and knowledge of the CM, RM, IM, and PS disciplines and best practices for ITSM.
- Backs up other IT Operations and Production Support personnel
- Participate in an on-call rotation for IT Operations
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5 years of managing Change and Release Management teams.
- Thorough knowledge of Change, Release, and Incident Management based on industry best practices.
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools and leading technology related projects including but not limited to those involving Network, Telecom, Applications, and Infrastructure.
- Experience monitoring production platforms (application and infrastructure)
- Experience working in a cloud environment with an eCommerce platform